The Year 7 Homeroom Teachers and I are very excited about the arrival of your daughter on Tuesday 23 January 2024. We are looking forward to working with you and your daughter to make the transition from primary school to secondary school as easy and successful as possible.
In the first week your daughter will be participating in a series of transition activities to help her become familiar with College expectations, procedures and routines. Please find below some key information regarding the first day of Term 1 for Year 7 students.
Day 1 Tuesday 23 January
- School starts at 8:30 a.m. and is a full school day concluding at 3:00 p.m.
- Students are required to wear their formal College uniform.
- On arrival your daughter should consult the lists located in M Block which will inform her of her Homeroom classroom and teacher. Please arrive earlier to allow your daughter sufficient time to do this.
- Along with myself and Homeroom teachers our Year 12 student leaders will be around M block to welcome and assist you.
- Your daughter is to then go to her Homeroom where she will receive instructions from her Homeroom Teacher.
- Your daughter will not need her folders and books on the first day. She should bring them in on the second day, Wednesday 24 January, once she is aware of her locker allocation. On Wednesday she will receive her timetable and spend some time organising her books, folders, and locker. For the first day she only requires a pencil case, morning tea/lunch and a water bottle.
Year 7 Student and Parent/Caregiver Tablet Induction and Distribution
On your daughter's first day, Tuesday 23 January at 3.15pm students and parents/caregivers should meet in the Sophia Centre for a compulsory information session regarding IT. During this session parents will sign the IT agreement form using the MSM app on their mobile phone and students will receive their laptop. Students will not receive their laptop if parents/caregivers have not signed the IT Agreement.
I will be in contact prior to the start of the College year to provide further information on first day arrangements.
Pastoral Leader - Year 7